PDA

View Full Version : go fast bits for 20v b/t

charged
9th August 2009, 02:41 PM
I'm looking at giving my engine a freshen and need to source some bits and pieces. I'm after any where in Aust that can supply most of the bits rather than buying bits o/s from 15 different suppliers.

Here's the build specs for the engine

new spool forged rods as the BT ones are weak:right:, forged 11.6.1 t pistons either arias or toda, TRD metal .5mm head gasket, arp main/bigend bolts, acl race series bearings, crank resized, head will be getting a tidy up , adjustable exh cam gear, maybe oversize valves and better upgraded springs(pass racing), 440cc inj up from 295cc and tuned for e85. Hopefully this will net close to 220hp up from 185hp.

Any one got any contacts in Aust for these bits

Cheers
John

xero
10th August 2009, 09:41 AM
bearings and ARP bolts rocket industries are your best bet, they had them in stock last time i checked. www.rocketindustries.com.au

injectors can come from a 7mgte just get the injector plugs to go with it.

gasket maybe one of the traders here, otherwise i would recommend a cometic headgasket (ive use 2 [long story about that dont ask] and mate uses one in his 240rwkw 20v turbo) again available from rocket industries.

arias you could order from their website or arias distributor. have you tried www.serco.com.au they are the distributors for WISECO pistons and should have a factory replacement piston right up to custom 13:1.

other stuff no idea sorry.

LittleRedSpirit
10th August 2009, 12:25 PM
Youll need porting and big cams to get 220hp. Its not as simple as you might hope. Camming a 20v is a bit pricey.

Look for cams from hks or trd, toda. Generally the easiest place to get them would be off the forum sponsors here, or direct from Japan via Greenline or Nengun internet sites, lots of other hot up bits available too from those sites.
I dont know much about pass racing but it looks like ebay crap to me. Look for reputable japanese valve springs.

Delazy
10th August 2009, 12:43 PM
Youll need porting and big cams to get 220hp. Its not as simple as you might hope. Camming a 20v is a bit pricey.

Look for cams from hks or trd, toda. Generally the easiest place to get them would be off the forum sponsors here, or direct from Japan via Greenline or Nengun internet sites, lots of other hot up bits available too from those sites.
I dont know much about pass racing but it looks like ebay crap to me. Look for reputable japanese valve springs.

pass racing are actually quite big in the US and most of the parts are made in japan anyways...such as the pulley kits are made by SS works

also look at kelford cams as an option for 20v cams...

Sprinter86
10th August 2009, 03:11 PM
i dont think 7mgte injectors will work as they are top feed. you will need 2jzgte ones, as they are 440cc, sidefeed and use the 20v connector. hope this helps!

Frak
10th August 2009, 06:22 PM

Look for cams from hks or trd, toda.

HKS don't do cams for 20V,

If you are after big power John, the TRD's are the way to go, they come up on Yahoo from time to time(usually go for around the $600-$800 used), they are 312 and 304 deg duration and 10.5mm lift.

all the Toda's are lower lift(max 9mm)

I recently ported a 20v head, put on flow bench before(quite good flow figures) then spent a very long time cleaning up the head, believe it or not they are not very flash standard, picked up huge gains, especially on the exhaust side.

Frak
10th August 2009, 06:24 PM
i dont think 7mgte injectors will work as they are top feed. you will need 2jzgte ones, as they are 440cc, sidefeed and use the 20v connector. hope this helps!

You are correct 2JZGTE slip straight in and use same connector, if you need bigger injector than 440cc(you won't on NA)use US spec 2JZGTE, they are 550cc(my turbo 20v has a set of these)

Frak
10th August 2009, 06:25 PM
Pass racing are great to deal with and sell NAME brand Japanese products, I have bought from them on a number of occasions and the service is 100%

charged
10th August 2009, 06:43 PM
Jamie I will call you tonight and pick your brain mate, Adam mentioned that you made some nice gains on the 20V head, not really fussed if I hit 220hp but over 200hp would be nice. Basically something that will be as reliable as the old 20v is now just with a little more go... so I can chase Hondas :)

Frak
10th August 2009, 06:47 PM
Buy some gears ;)

charged
10th August 2009, 06:52 PM
yeah box is out and going to Albins soon for the cheapo 1,2,3 upgrade :)