Thread: Super4ageflappyhider

Name
    Tim
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default Super4ageflappyhider

Ok, so the story began after I acquired another ke70 corolla after my first one was written off. This one is a late model ke70, so it has the slant front head lights, automatic, 1.3l 4k. The plan was to stick a 4age in it, coilovers, LSD, stripped interior, strut bracing and some ma61 rims. Only thing was, my mind wandered away from 4age’s, I wasn’t entirely interested in putting one in my car, I would have liked a bit more power. So after talking to a few people (little red spirit, 70xin, beerhead, samQ, hao), I decided to go down the route of a 7age, objective; mainly a sprints vehicle with hillclimb and the occasional drift. It has taken A LOT of research, lots of questions, and I am sure the guys above are absolutely sick of the pointless questions over the last 9 months.

Anyway, so I bit the bullet, I went and bought a 7afe, $450 from a local wrecker, very common motor, if you are thinking about buying one, ask around, get the best price for a running engine and go from there. Next up was the head and pistons. After a lot of advice from other, more knowledgeable people I chose the 16v 4age small port head and pistons to make up the GE section of the motor. My reasoning, well it seemed like a much cheaper option, and more aftermarket parts seemed to be available when it came down to cams & such. I also picked up some 20V silver top throttle bodies instead of just using the stock 4age inlet manifold. The throttle bodies will be bolted to the head with an T3 adaptor plate supplied by spirited drive, and also a vacuum block will be used to ensure even vacuum distribution between the ITB’s. The head will receive a slight deck (just to get it square), vacuum test of the combustion chamber, valve lapping, match port and complete VRS kit. I know that using a stock head isn’t the way to build a race motor, but cams and such can be changed at a later date with out removing the engine, plus I have a spare head to work on whilst I get the hang of the car in the mean time! The bottom end will consist of 7afe crank, SPOOL 7afe H-beam forged connecting rods fitted with ARP head studs, ARP race bearings through out, and a complete balance from flywheel > pistons. Crank will be linished (casting marks removed), the block will be decked, and bores depeding on their condition will be honed or bored, hoping to get away with just a hone. All parts will finally be acid cleaned before assembly. Stock small port pistons will be used, just so the compression ratio doesn’t climb into the 13’s, as will a stock small port headgasket. I will also have a set of T3 adjustable cam gears on the front.

Once the engine is assembled, it will be fitted to the car, with an adaptronic e420c ecu wired in by beerhead. Reasoning for the e420c is because I haven’t heard anything but good things about the Adaptronic ecu, I didn’t like the idea of running with the stock computer with the throttle bodies either, and just to hopefully squeeze a little more power out of this baby, oh, and I got it pretty cheap as well! Putting the power through to the wheels will be a t50, and as for a diff, well I am not entirely sure yet! Wheels will be ma61 rims with semi slicks most likely, and another set of 13x7 hotwires to run on the street. Front end has JDM coilovers with rebuilt tokico shocks so the valving has been removed, not desireable, but I will see how the go, coilover kit seems to be of the craft with an unknown spring rate (haven’t been bothered to go to a suspension shop to test them yet). Super pro bush’s all round, new LCA ball joints on stock control arms, tein camber tops, ADM brake calipers with JDM disk and reduced thickness brake pad. Anti roll bars will be left stock with nolathane bush’s for the moment, will see how that goes, if I need to bigger I will! Interior will be stripped with two bucket seats for the moment, most likely velo milano’s or something similar. Only thing left will be the centre console and dash, + the door cards.

I know I have left a whole lot of shit out in this big spiel, but it’s hard to put it all in one story. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I will try to post some pictures of parts as the come in, and as things get done on the car. Things move slowly around here, 3rd year apprentice wages make it tough to build a no-expenses spared weekend car.

Anyway, this is my list of parts:
    1. late model ke70, straight
    2. 7afe
    3. 16v small port complete engine with ecu and loom
    4. Spool conrods
    5. Adaptronic e420c
    6. Silver top ITB's
    7. 2x t50
    8. 7age conversion gear (xmembers, pedal box etc.)
    9. Jap coilovers (front) with tein camber tops with adm calipers
    10. Stock steering arms and control arms
    11. Anti roll bars
    12. 6x ma61 rims including centre caps

What I need:
    1. All superBRO bush's, balljoints etc for suspension
    2. Quad adaptor plate
    3. Pistons (will come after engine builder gives the advice)
    4. All bearings seals and gaskets
    5. New water pump
    6. Recond of alternator.
    7. Tyres
    8. 2x Velo fixed backs
    9. Steering wheel

And a whole heap of other stuff... Can't think of it all at the moment. Progress will be slow, not much has happened in the last 12 months, just lots of parts hoarding. I don't have much in the way of pictures, as there isn't too much to see!

Oh, by the way it isn't a 2000hp 20b twin turbo rotary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image008 (resized&.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	10094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19092009046..jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	10095   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21062009197 (resiz&.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	10096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image006 (resized&.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	10098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06102009073 (resiz&.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	10099  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21062009198 (resiz&.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	10100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06102009068 (resiz&.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	10101   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06102009070 (resiz&.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	10102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image007 (resized&.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	10103   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image009 (resized&.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	10104  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01072009199 (resiz&.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	10105   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image010 (resized&.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	10106  
    Last edited by 08ftwyo; 3rd October 2011 at 09:23 PM.

Name
    Hao
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Looks like a promising build Tim. Can't wait to see it finished!
    Last edited by hao.; 21st April 2010 at 09:56 PM.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Ive seen this car, its coming along real well. Great shell to begin with, in my humble opinion.

Name
    Matthew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Thread title certainly gained my attention!

Good luck dude. 7a sounds fat.

Name
    Tim
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the kind words! Hopefully things will be moving a little more quickly in the next 6 months now that I have gathered most of my parts.

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

yeww its gonna be a good thing... get photobucket or something so the pics are BIG!

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

yeah 7age is the taste of the future!

sounds awesome man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdm-Mcc View Post
    quit hatin get bakin!

Name
    gay
    State
    n1gger land
    Country
    south korea seoul

agreed. i find smallport heads are also the way of the future.
    smallport head was the best choice for this build. if your doing something, do it properly
    lol at white people in japan. just lol.

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

should be good, the 7a cars are always sick

Name
    Joe
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

you work at mazda rite?????? i work at sci-fleet yewww build looks good mate, good luck with it!!
    stay classy

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast