Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Corona > Tooheys

Name
    Ry
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Spend time on the dash. Don't yank it out, it will break (~20y.o plastic is brittle as fuuuuuck) Why are you taking it out anyway?
    Don't bother with hammer and screwdriver with sound deadening, it is thick thick sticky shit and you will want to neck yourself after about an hour. Go to BOC gas and gear or happy gas or a sperm bank (no shit, i got mine from there) and get 10kg's of dry ice, it's hardly expensive and will save you so much time.
    What are your plans for the car?
    cough *beams* cough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobxxx View Post
    I will legitimately drive nude...

Name
    BK
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

haha well I havent thought too much of engine swaps yet because its abit of a stretch for my wallet right now.
    But once ive got more cash then forsure some new powerplant will be going in... cause there are problems with my clutch and engine and the occasional tranny grind ><.

I was oringinally only removing cluster to replace a bulb... or try to figure out why my cluster lights dont work now
    I figured since I wanted to strip the soudn deadening I might as well take the whole dash off to make things easier
    haha ya ive heard ice is best method.... btw sperm bank??!! why the fuck do they have dry ice lol

plans are to finish strippin sound stuff
    getting some rear shock/springs
    rear disc conversion
    and possibly s13 fronts

too be honest dont have many solid plans besides the ones stated above.... but this is just gonna be a slow ongoing project for me
    it will give me time to save up more money and learn to drive it stock better first

Name
    Thomas
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i has a corona aswel

Name
    Will
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

The thing holding the cluster in ist he speedo cable, to get the cluster out get under the car and undo the speedo cable from the gearbox, then unclip it from the clips so it will slide out when you pull on the lcuster. when it gets out far enough you will be able to unclip the speedo cable from the cluster and remove the cluster completely. To put it back in repeat these steps in backwards.

also if you are thinking of removing the stupid green "bulb condoms" don't as the corona doesn't use them, just green plastic in the cluster.

Name
    BK
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

oh ok thanks man
    uhh im not really sure what im doing with the cluster to be honest my cluster lights just went out so im taking it out and seeing where that takes me

So I couldnt resist and bought a steering wheel abit ago.... dont need it yet but ya just couldnt resist
    im really struggling to get the damn wheel off.... ive just been applying wd40 to the spline everyday... but its still not budging yet
    how many days of wd40 does it take to move this thing??!!!!

Name
    Blair
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Just use a very large hammer. Or a puller if you can find one that fits properly.

Instead of a screwdriver for the sound deadening, use a chisel - took me an hour or so to do half my car (without ice - the main problem is you end up with little annoying bits still stuck to the metal which take a bit extra effort to remove)

Just make sure you dont punch it through the floor haha!

Name
    Will
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

grow some muscles, then do this:

undo the steering wheel nut but not all the way, make sure there is 5-10mm gap between the bottom of the nut and the steering wheel

bash the wheel with the bottom of your fists, towards the centre of the wheel and back and forth

yank the wheel off, the nut still on the shaft will stop it coming off al the way and breaking your nose. usually a combination of banging and yanking will make it come loose. steering wheel puller helps but it can be awkward to get a good place for it to pull on the wheel.

Name
    BK
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

ya thats pretty much the approach im gonna use cause im too cheap to buy a puller just to take the wheel off anyways =P

ok for the rears ive got some suzuki sierras
    anyone got some spring recommendations for the rear?
    im looking at ae92 rears but im not sure if theyll fit gonna try to search that

Name
    BK
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Uploaded with

shocks came in the mail the other day and I went to fit them tonight......
    then what i saw put me into ragingbull mode
    my passenger door was slightly open and my service manual was on the ground and after inspection i realized all my tools were stolen from inside my car
    fortunately whoever raided my car didnt know how to take my shift knob and i guess old stock corona parts are no use to them

Name
    Ry
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

FUUU. That would suck man.
    Oh, just a heads up, DO NOT do S13 front in this. It will be quite wierd to steer as S13 have way different geometry to anything Toyota.
    Just get a coilover kit and do it yourself, it's really not that hard. And it will feel so much better. If you want more camber/ track, get MX62 cressida LCA's and cut them down a bit and box them. Will feel much better to drive and will cost much the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobxxx View Post
    I will legitimately drive nude...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast