Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Light Weighting, how much is illegal in this state?

Name
    Dan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

lol i dont think any of my cars have ever carried a spare. thank fuck for mobile phones.

dude, ur in the hills. u could just about cut the roof off and remove all doors/guards before the local woodside cop even noticed.

hell, i was even using my sr20 powered keto as a daily for a while. cops would see it parked every day at woody, he actually commented on my wheels in a good way. 14x8 -20 with 185/60's lol. didnt care, didnt even say anything bout the bright red fixed back. mind you i NEVER do any skids or run amok anywhere near the town.

but driving back thru town is another story altogether. back streets FTW.

but yer, go your hardest stripping weight in the t18. just dont get seen ripping helis around the hills towns, too many fuckwit locals WILL talk to local cops.... then youll have problems.

Bad Email Address

im looking at doing this...but can you put the seats back in later if i so wish to

Bad Email Address

^^^you can only put the rear seats back in if you get another check done at regency to get it re-complied as a 4/5 seater

Name
    Andrew
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

how about all sound deadening, anything behind dash, then put rear seats and shit back in, will get rid of enough weight, and will look normal...

Name
    Felix
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Its a T-18....Most likely has -45kgs due to rust anyways.....

Ive never had any issues with "lightening" my cars, that said most of the polizei I've come across have been concerned with other things ie offset (the new target for south australian road users) and height, Running lighter wheels is a definite suggestion,]
    Depending on what your using the car for removing too much weight is not hugely neccecary unless your actually tracking the thing, I recall KonaKid a few years back removed every single piece of his interior and heater etc sans the drivers seat and dash....that car was driven hard in the hills....Being warm and 12kg's heavier on a 3deg night is safer, more comfortable and therefore faster, than being freezing cold and 12kgs lighter

Veteran
    Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Too true

My car is so so cold to drive in the hills late at night/early morning. Like, can't feel my hands :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2