Thread: My Gold/Poo Coloured 20V Levin

Name
    Josh
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Exclamation

Yea seat is recaro bucket seat, probly the same, mine has a couple of small tears in it so I have a seat cover on it for the moment till i am done with rego, only problem is those seats REALLY aren't suppossed to have seat covers on them... the dont fit all that great!

Anyway, on to the last couple days:

Well painting is pretty much done, here are some photos of the engine bay while the black is drying...
    [attachment=2426:attachment]
    [attachment=2427:attachment]

Paint sorta looks werid in those photos for some reason, anyway its done and looks the goods.

So we're back onto putting things back into the engine bay now and curses to my camera as it can't take photos in the dark so I am unable to show you photos of the underside of the bonnet (now black), or any of the stuff that we have already re-fitted into the engine bay.

I can show you pics of the heater core and radiator that we got back yesterday

The ends of the heater core looked to have been pressed a bit in the post, so we sent them off to mech'o to get them fixed up while he was finishin off the radiator, and not only did he fix them up but he off set the angles so that it would be easier to get in! Champ, ill leave his contact details in a later post for all the guys in the region that want custom radiator work done, this guy does great work for a very reasonable price and to top it off he's a champ too..
    [attachment=2428:attachment]

now on to the radiator itself...

[attachment=2429:attachment]

haha, narh Im gunna wait till its installed so I can explain the whole lot in one go, but I can tell you it looks great and once in will look factory

righto guys well today's project is to put the engine back in and plug most of the shite back together, then the main couple of challenges left will be:
    A ) Wiring
    B ) Rust repair
    C ) rego

Name
    Josh
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Hey there Kids, time for another installment of gold/poo coloured levin...

Last couple of days we've done a bit more... First up I forgot to post before that AJPS helped us in our time of need and sent up some new rotors for the front express so that we could move the car out of the garage when the other lancer got back from the shop (getting the evo rear-end welded in). Anyway the story goes I go and get the old rotors machined and when i come to pick them up the nasty old brake man doesn't let me have them because they were already well below the legal limit... (whoops) anyway heres a pic of the sexy looking new ones in place...
    [attachment=2474:attachment]

So yea, thanks AJPS for your prompt delevery of the required parts!

anyway back to the present...

THE ENGINE IS IN!

We put it back in on sunday but yesterday we had to play with it more in order to get the heater pipes not completely crimped...
    But anyway hopefully it will not have to move again *fingers crossed*
    here is a pic of it on sunday after being put in...
    [attachment=2475:attachment]

Thats with all the wires and crap all over it...
    and heres a couple from last night with the covers on and the injector wiring in the rail so that it doesn't look so bad...
    [attachment=2476:attachment]
    [attachment=2477:attachment]
    [attachment=2478:attachment]
    [attachment=2479:attachment]

BTW we also painted the underside of the bonnet from that horrrible stock metallic brown to black as well as pictured below

[attachment=2480:attachment]

So now onto the wiring and the replacement of the interior, then with a bit of luck the next big adventure... driving it on the road legally!

Name
    Josh
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Carpet arrived yesterday!
    can't believe that, only 2 days including postage from vic!

haven't opened it yet, but with the wiring nearly done, i may well start replacing it tonight!

watch this space

Oldschool Member

Good to see u will have heater power...............?

Personally i see it as pointless....but none the less very nice sprinter and i respect u wasting ur time lol....jking

- Luke

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

how is it pointless?
    it looks like it will be street driven often.
    make it easier to rego with one too.

if the engine temps rise.
    turn the heater on and watch the engine temp drop.

Name
    Josh
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Sorry for the long gap in between posts been on a combat survival course for the raaf...

that course sucked hey, i spent the last week in the jungle, firstly running from a bunch of troops looking for us having to make contacts with civillians and special forces for extraction then we set up a camp for a few days in a group then they leave you by yourself and you have to start from scratch again...

the worst bit is they also don't feed you or supply you with water, gotta figure that out yourself, lol

anyway all done now best bit is i never have to do it again!

anyway quick hachi update:

Wiring done!
    Interior done!
    rust repair done!
    rego is now waiting on tuning, im hoping to have it done tomorrow (wed)

Haven't got any pics for you right now, but should have tomorrow or the next day...

I have taken it for a quick spin, first one was horrible, it was only running on 2 cylinders! could barely get the thing to 60! but then we re-checked things and it was very apparent the problem was just the spark plugs so I replaced those and the ignition leads aswell now she's back up to standard, but needs to be tuned cause she's running rich as a mother-father! Won't pass EPA at the moment and it is apparent in how it is running as well so she should be even better come the end of the week... and the best bit of all is that it should be sporting some registration plates!

WATCH THIS SPACE

Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

good stuff man...

it's getting more and more hawt!

keep it up

dave
    -=Back by popular demand=-

Name
    Josh
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

bad news... tuning can't happen till next tuesday and I won't be home until the week after to do the paperwork I was hoping to have taken the car with me on that trip but sometimes these things are unavoidable...

As for the heater issue its a bit of a case of listening to rumours. I had heard that you had to be able to direct hor air to your windscreen for defog in order to pass a rego check, we got a fair way through it and found out that that wasn't the case and so we said screw it we've done this much, lets finish it.

Im not super dissapointed as we were going to do 90% of what we did anyway and i am a big whimp so having a heater suits me. As far as extra weight goes..... seriously guys.... i mean I have kept the sound insulation and have carpet right the way through and am putting my old sub and amp in the back. If you want to talk about weight any one of those things is probly equlilent to (or more than) a heater box.

didn't get any photos last night but these things happen, maybe this arvo!

It's not even 10kg... it won't be noticable... keep it up anth!

Name
    Josh
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Smile

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

The FUCKING ECU just blew up and i NEED that FUCKING car by monday... AND ITS STILL GOT NO FUCKING REGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast