Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: turbo_rolla's ke70

Yeah, turbos are good later on i'll probably slap a turbo onto mine, but it'll do as it is for the time being! Love the sound of a hard tuned n/a 4age though

Okay, cleaned up a "spare" rocker cover set i got from a mate yesterday (with the help of a mate), and have slapped em on the rolla now and it looks pretty good imo. Here's some pics from the process:

Started with:

In the sandblaster:

Out of the sandblaster:

Cooking in the oven - cook until nice and tender :wink:

So, just a quck recap of what was on the 4age when i purchase it:

And, the End result #1

End result #2

Gonna get either some stainless bolts or spray the existing ones black for the bit on the spark plug alley cover. also gotta get the rubber that surrounds that black bit as the original one had corroded. Happy as it is though as the jdm didnt even have one on there. Extractors are next (either black/aluminium look like the rocker cover), and intake manifold. Will get the engine bay looking nice eventually!

Having some issues with the fuel system at the moment though. went for a run yesterday, got to my mates and it dumped fuel out under the engine, from the chassis rail For whatever reason the carbon canister is filling with fuel, and the "vent" at the bottom which normally vents excess fumes to the atmosphere is instead dumping fuel. So we think one of the hoses has been hooked up as a "return" rather than a "breather", or something along those lines. looking into it further, just gotta work out what hoses on the tank are what. Lots of fun

Veteran
    Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

looks very neat just dont like the blue LOL

Name
    Justin
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

nice sandblasting job!

Yeah, the blue will be going as soon as i buy some higher temp black/silver paint. even if the paint hadnt come off, im not a fan of it either Sandblasting job isnt thaaaat good upclose, but good enough i think. My mates chamber didnt have much sand in it, and the piece of plastic they put inside under the lid (to stop the lid getting f$#ked) was a bit blurry, so was hard to see what i was doing First shot at it though, so i was happy.

Extractors are definately next though, and probably do the lettering on the covers black. Then the inners of the rims i think! Slowly slowly

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

there are two lines that come up on the left side of the engine back if you are facing into it, they are paired and then seperate, switch those two over.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Awesome, that'll save me heaps of time f%$king around under it working out which is which. will give it a try tomorrow and see how we go. Thanks

Veteran
    Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

cant wait to see pics

i want a 4age but ive tried everywhere

i waited around for a "cheap" one off the forums etc, but no luck so just went through an importer and got one. sure i paid more, but it has turned out to be good so far so no regrets really! just fiddling out little bits now, and all will be sweet (hopefully)

YEah, not too many complaints or issues so far, only small stuff so that's alright your mate got a great deal too! hopefully his conversion goes smoothly! i got tired of waiting for "the good deal" so bit the bullet and went to an importer.....got a few goodies though so im happy, and the conversion has been worth the money thus far

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast