Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Budget thrasher.

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

would be nice to go for a drive in this and see how it compares to my unknown cams on stock ecu setup

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

When it's all together and going again i'll take you for a drive next time I see you if you want. Just got other things sucking all my money at the moment, still need to finish off the porting and find some money to get it machined then it'll be ready to go together.

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I've been putting a lot of thought into where I want to go with this car lately and what I want from it. After finding a lot of annoying/dangerous issues with previous owners/mechanics/whatevers skills and general workmanship, I decided to go over ever single nut and bolt and every area on the car and make a list of what needed to be done. After finding heaps of bolts rounded, stripped and threads drilled out and the bolts held in with silastic (not even joking), rediculous amounts of bog in one of the rear quarters and the terrible spray can paint among lots of other things I have decided to let the rego run out in a few weeks and take the car off the road for a thorough rebuild.

Any comments or suggestions on what direction I go with now are welcome, but I would rather not deal with negativity as this is frustrating enough for me as it is.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

how much money do you have on you, Cash or in the bank?

from experience, cars do not get built from dreams and passion..money and only money build cars

So if you have 10k, thats not even enough for body and paint..unless done yourself, then yes

better off to keep it rego'd and keep driving and updating/changing parts..like rounded nuts, bent this, fucked that because you'll find yourself loosing passion and motivation more then anything when your not driving the car everyday every weekend
    dose

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

this^^ dont let the rego lapse, just fix it up as you go along. do one panel at a time body work wise. i'll help out whenever i can

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I do understand that point of view given my age, however I assure you i'm not taking this decision lightly. I can get all the bodywork done and painted properly with me doing the prep work for well under 2 grand. Hardly any parts for this will be bought, everything will be machined and fabricated at home. Between me, my dad, my uncle and my grandpa we could easily fabricate and wire up anything we like so that won't be all that expensive either compared to buying parts. Also, I know if I keep driving it I won't get anything major done because at the moment it's my daily. There's also a fair few things I want to work on engineering wise, but that's all still up in the air at the moment.

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Just found out all my hard work on this car was a huge waste of time! Big chunks of the rear rails have been made out of fucking filler because some fucking retard decided to jack under them and bent the fuck out of everything including the floor then remade them out of filler to hide everything, half the LHR quarter is 3 inches deep of filler rather than pushing the quarter back out and skimming it to smooth it out again. If anyone knows of a good clean ADM shell I can reshell into please get in contact with me, I am absolutely gutted.

Name
    Dan
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

is it easy enough to repair? as in bash out the quarter and dent pull the floor?

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Nah, as in remake the rear chassis rails in new metal and replace the quarter with a new one. Well and truly fucked.

Name
    James
    State
    ViC
    Country
    Australia

Time for a sr20? Make it to a track hack and transfer the 4age running gear etc into a ae-ke?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast