cheers Martin

Sorry for off topics

Name
    Fletcher
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Futo_86, yeah you are right, the rose joints have flogged out (1-2 mm up & down movement) & they make a hell of a noise when accelerating, even when i get to around 100 km/hr they start to bang. The arms them selves are solidly built & would be pretty hard to bend. Just thought i'd go back to basics & use super pro bushes as they are a lot stiffer than standard bushes but just allow a little bit of dampening to happen without to much flex. I was thinking chromoly tubing would be best as its super strong but light at the same time.

Name
    Ali
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Your a gamier man then me.
    If you have to drive it, take it real easy until they fixed.

Road grime, what I refer to as fine wet dirt, can destroy these joints rather quickly.
    Some rose joints claim to "self clean".
    Safest option is going back to a rubber bush.
    Or new better quality rose joints with some kind of rubber cover to shield them from any shit getting in between telfon and the metal surface.

If you dead set on ditching the ones you have, I'm willing to have a go at rebuilding them with new rose joints and covers.
    Let me know how much you want I'll come over and buy them.

Go here they make what you want.
    Not appropriate thread Martin, this is someones build thread, not a tech section.

Mods, can you please clean up this thread.
    Cheers
    Ali
    Last edited by Futo_gt86; 3rd March 2014 at 09:07 PM.

Name
    Fletcher
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

haha, they have been like this for some time and have done probably 2,000kms most being on 100 km/hr and haven't gotten worse as such. I'm very keen on getting rid of them making my own with a bush set up as ill be running a hilux diff so don't want them to be a "problem" as such. I paid $400 out of america so if you were keen to buy them id be more than happy to sell them to you. Pm me your number and ill take a few photo's of them to send to you.

Name
    Fletcher
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Been doing a little bit of work buying and selling a few new parts to get my build moving along a little bit. Here are some photo's of my newest progress.

Bought a new shifter from SAM and can't say 1 thing bad about it, absolutely loving the quality of the product.

Finally came across a drivers side engine mount block bracket and painted everything up and put my cross member up and bolted it all together

Then painted my W58 gearbox and sorted the throw-out and clutch fork out. Had to buy a fork pivot ball from toyota as there wasn't one in it.

Pretty happy with how the paint came out. I've just been using the "engine heat proof" style paint in gloss black on everything.

Also got my hands on an AE86 manual steering rack and will be re-building it with all new parts plus ajps lengthened tie-rod ends ready to bolt to the crossmember. If anyone has any rack mounting brackets to suite the 86 rack ill buy them off you haha.
    I have also been sorting out whether or not to sell my hilux housing that has the mounts converted to suit ke70/ae71/ae86 for $450 (the guy i bought it off said " have fun trying to brake it ") and buying another complete hilux diff assembly with all the axles/centre ready to start refreshing and then get someone to tack weld the conversion mounts on so i can weld them up. If anyone is interested in my Hilux housing PM me and i can give you more details on it.

Name
    Fletcher
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Done a little bit of gear box test fitting this arvo on the back of the work ute. all bolts up nicely and starter should work all good.

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

That picture of the shifter makes the car look like its LHD.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2