Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ae71 Bt20v Drift Car

Name
    Angus
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Well I've been getting a bit done on this lately, installing coilovers and maintenance stuff, replaced my diff centre mainly to get a better ratio, getting rid of the 3.89 and putting a 4.11 I had sitting around and am I glad I did! Diff oil was full of metal shavings and there was chips in the teeth on the crown wheel, it is very obvious how it happened too, the duds that welded the centre must have had the welder setup wrong or didn't clean it before they welded, and it was full of spatter that would have dislodged and started damaging everything but that's all sorted now, also stole the hubs off my mates ae86 that's in the shed whilst we do a 4age swap to it, just to borrow for matsuri, only to find a wheel bearing was stuffed, but that's all together now, all that's left is to sort out the notchy steering rack, install the seat, weld a muffler back in as its a bit too raspy for my liking, and give it a service! I'll post up some pictures next time I'm on my laptop!

Name
    ryan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Love how simple yet good this setup is! How do you find the HSD coil overs? you running 8kg 6kg?

Also do you have any photos of the KETO Steering Knuckles?

Name
    Angus
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

loving them so far dude! 8 and 6kg, feels perfect for drifting, haven't tried with the dampers softened up yet, the front damper adjuster actually sucks tho! so annoying to use, with the car low the adjuster hose/ pipe thing binds up while trying to twist it to adjust the settings, so I had to set it and leave it, but they feel perfect anyway for what I need, feel so much more grip in the rear now compared to the shitty chopped falcon springs that were in there. ill have to take a photo when I have it apart next, they do look unconventional, but geeze do they work! they are very short, like 85mm from centre of balljoint to tie rod hole, and they have anti ackerman, instead of low or zero ackerman like most setups, but it steers perfect! have ajps lock spacers in there now too, bolt on and slip on one, and I have zero bind at full lock, but the inner of my front wheel scrubs on the chassis, but a slightly more negative offset wheel will sort that out!

Name
    Angus
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

and also, matsuri on Saturday was a blast! up till 1am getting my car ready and on the trailer the day of the event, leaving at 4am to make it there by 7, was worth the loss of sleep tho! had no issues all day long other than running out of tyres, which I thought would be the last of my problems being a 4age went through 3 sets of tyres before 5pm and that's all I had but I was happy to get through the day without issues. the new seat+ harness made it so much easier to drive, also added an oil temp gauge just to keep an eye on it seems it was a fairly hot day, its got a reasonably large oil cooler already, and it works awesome, my oil temps didn't go over 85 degrees all day, even when doing constant laps of mallala, so I was stoked with that! anyway heres a few pics from the day, even got a little smoke coming off the tyres

Name
    Angus
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Name
    Angus
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

only things that need some attention are a diff oil leak from my crappy gasket making skills, and to replace trailing arm bushes and add some traction brackets as I was getting a bit of axle tramp later in the day, and then its all good to go out again! so glad ive finally got it to a point that its setup pretty well and I can spend more time driving rather than fixing it!

Name
    Angus
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

and some pics I should have put up a few weeks ago, heres why the old diff centre let it down with the shit weldy

the replacement 4:11 diff centre I have knocked the pin for the spider gears out of so it makes it easy to knock out a snapped axle from the other side when they get stuck in there, much easier this way

my engine bay and air box setup at the moment (sorry for it being so dirty haha)

the new coilovers installed, (take note of the shape of my passenger side strut tower and how bent it is, chassis isn't perfect )

Bent!

Name
    Angus
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

heres my mates ae86 I stole some parts off to make matsuri, also if anybody knows of any ae86 hubs and callipers for sale in Adelaide let me know! and also my oil temp gauge.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

AJPS has some hubs and calipers i think.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Jarrod
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Good work mate, I always found running alot of rear grip at mallala helped. It makes it easier to carry speed through turn 1,2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast