The chassis is often overlooked in the restoration of a performance vehicle, with more attention paid to engine performance or cosmetic appearance. That can be a problem, because as every auto shop student knows, the chassis is the foundation of the car to which all other components attach and react. It holds the engine firmly in place, and supports the suspension, among other functions.

A chassis that is stiff will perform better than one that flexes easily due to road undulations, engine torque or hard cornering forces. Although it may seem unlikely for all that steel framework to flex, examples can be seen in the drag racing world, where it is not uncommon to see the chassis flex, lifting the left front wheel off of the ground due to the extreme engine torque. Another example is difficulty opening or closing a door on a car lifted up on a jack.

My question is, will it be worth welding a roll cage or re-weld chassie?, that is in the middle of two spot welds drill a hole and mig it.(mig plug)
Dont like the idea of driving around in a road registered car with a roll cage but if i have to i will.
Money is not an issue has i have a 161 mig, which will be for sale soon