Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Apple iPod (was split from iPad thread)

Name
    gay
    State
    n1gger land
    Country
    south korea seoul

ipod and reliablity dont go in the same sentance sam.
    i am on my third ipod classic... previous 2 of them have had failures in the R/W heads on the HDDs... hope this one will be ok.
    i keep buying ipod due to its design is easy to use.... if this one fails, then im getting one without a HDD (like the ipod touch)... but keep in mind, 32 and 64gb is just not enough storage capacity, so i bought a classic this time.

ipod really wins on storage capaity vs cost.
    like i bought one of the new sony mp3 players in japan for my girlfriend (she loves sony), its an amazing player, just the sad thing is, for a little extra cash, i was able to buy my ipod with over 5 times the storage space.
    Last edited by sun_moon; 13th May 2010 at 11:07 AM.
    lol at white people in japan. just lol.

Name
    Sam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I suggest you get something made by the company Creative
    My website: SQ Engineering - 4AGE and 3SGE upgrade/replacement parts

- SQ Engineering on facebook -

Please e-mail to contact me instead of sending a private message on here.

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yer i thought creative was on the way out in terms of large mp3 players.

i remmeber a few years ago when they had mp3 players that rivled the ipod classic (120gb at the time). but whenever i go into jbhifi now almost all other bransd besides apple seems to cap at about 30gb. when like sun-moon says, pay $80 more and you get 160gb.

i also have an ipod classic (latest gen, bought it in january), the only reason i bought it was because of the harddrive space. it is a pretty good device, appart from all the bagging i do on apple the ipod seems to work well. the idea of carrying around a spinning hardrive is a bit worrying, hopefully the next generation of classics incorporates one of these new solid state drives, that would be awesome.

i havent had any dramas with it, it doesnt really have many features, but it does play music very well. which is its main purpose. and the battery life is pheominal. i use it every day either at work or on the train or at uni. and the battery just keeps going. only really have to charge it once every 1.5 weeks or so.

i did consider the touch, but if i was going to get one of them i would just get an ipodphone. and im a bit skeptical of anything touch, especially when playing music i like the tactility of buttons, when all i want is to press the next button. i do like the scroll wheel thing on ipod, that works well especailly for volume control. on other mp3 players i always seem to have the problem when there is not enough resolution in the volume control, 70% is to soft, and 80% is to loud etc. but thats just being picky...

i am yet to try videos/movies on it though, but i dont see that being to good. screen is a bit small for that. though it does have nice resolution i guess..

oh and i enjoyed your harly davidson parellel sam
    Last edited by ke70dave; 13th May 2010 at 11:30 AM.
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Name
    Tim?
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

someone should just build an external hardrive with a headphone jack and some buttons, that way i can listen to wav files and not suffer compression. as soon as there is an apple store in brisbane i will frisbee my ipod through the front doors.

Stern but now fucked off...
    Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

me = now waiting on Google gPad

Hurry up google.

Name
    Tim?
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

oh and nick Buy Other Sound Equipment next time yeah! lol

Name
    Sam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

haha classic!

so the problem is because so many people mindlessly went for the ipods it killed the competition, so it's just them and the other brand media players. Creative used to have such awesome players.
    My website: SQ Engineering - 4AGE and 3SGE upgrade/replacement parts

- SQ Engineering on facebook -

Please e-mail to contact me instead of sending a private message on here.

Name
    Tim?
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

honestly, with the space these things have ripping your cd's as wav's is a possibility. compressed audio like mp3's will be a thing of the past in a few years lets just hope record companies don't continue this trend of no dynamic range.... sorry to get off topic there.

i do like apples ideas i just think they are executed poorly. and they have done to the portable audio/media industry what microsoft has done to the software industry.

Stern but now fucked off...
    Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I love a good argument.

If Micro$shit and Apple have fucked the industries as you say, why do 90% of forum users on AE86DC browse from MS based platforms, and why have apple sold billions of iPlods and IPhrongs?

And I know about this "uncompressed vs compressed" argument. The real "Audiophiles" are out there are all "I can't stand to listen to MP3s"

A fact you may not know about me is that for the best part of my life, I also have been what I would consider an "Audiophile" and also a "Musician". When I was 17, I recorded my first CD with my cousin and some mates on a 16 track analogue multi-track and it was (and still is) fucking fantastic quality. I'll be the first one up there to argue that not a goddamn fucking thing is as warm and full of tone like a proper oldschool high quality analogue recording... I'll take the Pepsi challenge on that fucker any day.

But I (like 99.98%) of the rest of the population went "holy fuck, I can fit 10 CD's worth of songs on a CD now that its not in that lame outdated WAV / PCM format"

Seriously mate, running around saying that you can literally hear the difference between a well encoded 320kps MP3 and a wave file is a bit of an "what drugs are you smoking?" moment.

The people who can hear it [any difference] are the ones who use those "gay in your butthole" type doof doof cd's to win decibel drag competitions with their fulli sik subwoofas, brah. When they have that shit cranked to 160db they reckon it gets them an extra 2db compared to an MP3 file. Scale that back into proportion and its all very fucking LOL.

I totally disagree with people that would seriously prefer to be running around with a portable music device filled to the brim with "uncompressed" digital music.

Totally bullfuckingshittus argument. I hope that one day you receive the appropriate corrective head knock to get you back in line with reality... lol

Name
    gay
    State
    n1gger land
    Country
    south korea seoul

i agree with everything nick just said. i would also like to further his point and say that on headphones you have EVEN LESS chance telling the difference between an mp3 and a wave file that you would on a stereo. no point in having wave files on ur ipod.

and for those who " think can tell the difference"... fucking hell stop stressing and enjoy the fuckin song a bit more
    lol at white people in japan. just lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast