PDA

View Full Version : APEXi ECU questions

AE86 Spoontah
17th September 2009, 12:58 PM
I'm looking at running either an AFC Neo or a Power FC but i'm unsure what parts i needs. I have an AW11 GTE with dizzy and AFM. I know i need map sensor but do i also need coil packs?

Any help appreciated.

Skylar
17th September 2009, 03:34 PM
Power-fc is plug in option. You need whatever the car orignally had. A 4A-GE one will require you to go back to single coil.

AW11 GZE are 4 wire CAS right? If so, you might be able to run 3sgte pfc from sw20 or st1205 but will require you to run the same ignition setup it originally had. You can run COP with a 222 or 202 bosch ignitor if you want to do COP or stick with dual output coils.

You will need a AIT/MAT when you go back to MAP too.

AE86 Spoontah
17th September 2009, 06:30 PM
AW11 GZE is dizzy as stated in first post but is 4 wire.

So i need:
MAP sensor
CAS
Coils

Skylar
17th September 2009, 07:05 PM
But which power-fc are you going to run?

AE86 Spoontah
18th September 2009, 11:32 AM
I'm no ecu guru so i didn't know there were different versions.

This one maybe.http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=10250

I can also get my hands on a Microtec LTX-8. Would this be a better option

hachirusto
18th September 2009, 03:36 PM
personally I would probably go with a microleb or a adaptronic. You could pick up either of them for under the price of the power fc which will leave money left over for a good tune and time on the dyno.

Alot of people have swayed thoughts on microtech some people say they are shit some say they are good, but all the people ive spoken to that have them cant fault them, only thing they say is make sure you take it to a good tuner as that is the key to them running right.

Skylar
18th September 2009, 03:40 PM
To run ae86 pfc, I think you have to go to 3 wire distributor and you'll lose the banked injection of the AW11 ECU, if they run banked injection like AE101 GZE, and go to batch fire. Not really a problem, just' sayin.

Come over and we'll talk ecu's if you want. How much do you want to spend on one and what options do you want from it?

AE86 Spoontah
18th September 2009, 06:39 PM
I can get a microtec LTX-8 for $500 then i'll need all the required peripherals to get it running, sensors etc.

Needs to be able to adjust AF ratios and ignition timing so i can get around the 220hp mark safely.

I want to get rid of the current AFM + dizzy setup as it is causing me headaches with space constraints in the engine bay.

Skylar
18th September 2009, 08:44 PM
Get the microtech. Is it configured for 4A-GZE? otherwise, that'll add more to the cost, I think.

AE86 Spoontah
20th September 2009, 04:54 PM
It's been flashed for RB30 but an authorised Microtec tuner can reflash it.

AE86 Spoontah
22nd September 2009, 11:15 AM
What coil packs are the best bang for your buck