PDA

View Full Version : Broke my panhard rod mount off

D4NI3L
14th December 2009, 07:14 PM
my car is a stock 4k ke70 with a lock diff

the other night drifting i snaped my panhard rod mount off my ke70, the mount has been torn apart between where the panhard rod bolts on and where it attaches to the body

just wondering if anyone has had this happen, im wondering if i should make a stronger mount or get mount off another ke70

Cerby86
14th December 2009, 07:21 PM
probably should of stayed away from the gutter :P
Thats pretty nuts though that its gone at both ends! You think one end would go and the other would bend.
Anyway. The good thing is this is the perfect excuse to upgrade the diff :P

s14seriesII
14th December 2009, 08:34 PM
is it only the body mount end ? i assume it has been bent/damaged previously and therefor has been flexing until it broke..

get another good condition mount that has been removed by drilling out the spot welds and get a good welder to re attach in the right place..

Cerby86
14th December 2009, 08:44 PM
oh hang on i get what you mean now :P

Dan_J
14th December 2009, 09:35 PM
i've done it, if its just torn apart not snapped off u can go down 2 bunnings get a flat bar ( bout 10 bux ). cut it 2 size one for the front and 1 for the bak, drill 2 holes at the top of the mount and match that up with the flat bar pieces and drill the 2 holes on each flat bar then bolt it up and drill the hole for the panhard mount .

if u want it done properly cut nd shut off a one from wreckers or weld in a RHS post cut 2 size

Sam-Q
15th December 2009, 12:12 AM
pics?

need a welder?

D4NI3L
15th December 2009, 07:19 PM
all good talked to cal at TTG and him and his bro are going to custom make me a stronger mount

D4NI3L
15th December 2009, 07:20 PM
for S#!T's and giggles tho i'll up load some pics lol later

Javal
15th December 2009, 07:30 PM
I've seen a section of box steel with one side cut out used as a replacement panhard rod mount.

It was not the most glorious of efforts, but it can be done well.

Dan_J
15th December 2009, 10:12 PM
pics of calvin's work must be had wen done :)
and pm/post me a price

spray sum sound deadener +sand mixed in and it shud hide the new metal well