PDA

View Full Version : how to take out a diff in ke70?

sld sho
6th March 2011, 12:36 PM
hey guys im sure this question has been asked before, but i have tryed the search bar and have had no luck.

last nite took my corolla out for a drive and unforunatly broke my locked diff :( (think i snapped the weld inside)

so just wondering if anyone could help me with a little information on how to take the diff out,

is it a hard procces?

are there any special tools needed?

any help will be greatly apprceiated :)

cheers

Jacobxxx
6th March 2011, 12:46 PM
do you want to take the whole dff out or just the centre? borgy or t series?

sld sho
6th March 2011, 12:50 PM
thats a good point,

what i basicaly want to do is take the diff in the car now out, and a put a new diff in? that make sense? and its just a stranded diff

haveaparty
6th March 2011, 12:53 PM
Wat ever u can see is connected to the diff. Undo. Put a jack under the middle so it doesn't fall on u

lolwat
6th March 2011, 01:31 PM
to save having to disconenct brake lines, undo the backing plates on the drums and slide the axles out and unclip the solid brake line that run along the diff housing and pull the rest of the diff out, leaving the brake assembly behind

sld sho
8th March 2011, 05:31 PM
hey guys, thanks for all your help, today i took out the axels and gear set and have relized that my gear set is completely fucked!

what gear sets go stright into a borg warner diff houseing?

blake.
8th March 2011, 05:46 PM
None, get a t-series. Lots of choices for ratios and lsds.

sld sho
8th March 2011, 06:03 PM
if i get a t series what do i have to change? handbrake cable? do the swat bar mounts and all that shit the same?

lolwat
9th March 2011, 07:25 PM
bolt in, will need a tailshaft

blake.
9th March 2011, 07:45 PM
Hand break cables from it will not work tho. Im having this issue with mine, I'm gunna fix it the same way as pen15 did, with a hydro handbrake.

Just get the tail shaft to and everything will bolt in, assuming you bought a t series from a sprinter.