PDA

View Full Version : Nissan tech. SR20det is there a difference between red top and black top ecu's/looms?

slydar
13th April 2011, 01:40 PM
i own a s13 sr20det red top. i want run it on factory engine managment. just trying to shop for a loom/computer. im assuming i can definately run it on black top engine management with the loom from the same car.

but are red top looms compatible with black top ecu's and vice versa? what about auto and manual?

Skylar
14th April 2011, 11:18 PM
You mean S13SR black top right, not S14SR? In case of S13SR, yeah, all fine except type-x which have different pinouts on the same blue plug. S14SR ECU has totally different plug(grey) so you need to run the S14SR loom but will run the engine fine as long as you match AFM and injectors to ECU and o2 sensor to a lesser extent. S15SR is same as S14SR but coils have built in ignitors.

Yeah, just run whatever ecu plugs into whatever loom you have.

auto to manual is fine. The only thing I noticed is auto ecu will push the car along at idle happily whereas the manual one struggles along at 500rpm pushing the car up the slightly inclined driveway. Both times in 2nd gear with no throttle input.

Anthony
14th April 2011, 11:33 PM
yeah any blacktop loom will be fine, AT or MT. just as long as its not lumpy top. if it is will need some slight mods.