PDA

View Full Version : brake failure

lachy2k3
7th April 2007, 04:03 PM
went for a mountain run the other day.. was using brakes pretty heavily, so wen i was towards the end of the mountain the last couple of turns, my brakes started not to work that well.. i was pretty determined it was brake fade.. so i waited for it to cool down. it was still the same. so i had to crawl back home with shitty brakes.
my brake fluid is still full so im not leaking anything.. my pads are still meaty..
wen i started my car in the morning to reverse out of my drive way, i pumped the brakes to get the fluid in there and then held the brakes down, i started my engine and then the brake pedal just went down (felt like all the fluid just leaked out of sumthing)
any help would be appreciated
cheers

Jonny Rochester
7th April 2007, 04:58 PM
For whatever reason, you have air in your brake fluid. You need to bleed the brakes, and by the sounds of it you should change your brake fluid also.

If that does not fix things, you need new seals and a hone in your master cylinder.

Bustin_86
7th April 2007, 06:00 PM
Also, check all of your hoses in order to make sure that there is no perished/ cracked hoses as this could be the cause.

rthy
7th April 2007, 07:32 PM
it does sound like the master cylender has given up to me

hey which area where you hooning around anyway? on mount dandenong toorist rd?

DR1FT
7th April 2007, 08:23 PM
how Hot do you think your brakes got?

DR1FT
7th April 2007, 08:24 PM
not hot enough to boil the fluid?

i know its a long shot

damo101
8th April 2007, 04:13 AM
i pumped the brakes to get the fluid in there and then held the brakes down, i started my engine and then the brake pedal just went down[/b]

that should be normal isnt it?

samuel
8th April 2007, 12:47 PM
I think he means down to the floor... so no - not normal... Pedal sinking a little bit when the car starts can be normal.

Could be from boiling your brake fluid. See suggestions given above.

Javal
8th April 2007, 06:11 PM
If your brakes are pumping up then you have air in the lines.

BUT because the pedal goes away almost completley when the motor is started, then it is something to do with your brake booster.

From the sounds of it it's not creating vacuum anymore, could be a busted seal, hose has come off, etc.

Javal.

lachy2k3
8th April 2007, 11:53 PM
it does sound like the master cylender has given up to me

hey which area where you hooning around anyway? on mount dandenong toorist rd?[/b]

went to a ns.com cruise with my mate.. was the only 86 there.. tho a "toyota" soarer was leading the pack..
yea i didnt know where is was but i recognise mount dandy wen i got there.. was pretty please with my car with the new coilovers in. the lil 86 stuck to the road with ease watching a 180sx in front with tein coilovers all round understeer. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif and a skyline not able to keep up with me except for the straights.

i thought the fluid was leaking but wasnt and check the if it was boiling but also wasnt.

lachy2k3
10th April 2007, 12:19 AM
found that the problem was brake rotor was loose wen i jacked up the car.. the bearing snapped
does anyone know the part number of the bearing..?
thanx

rthy
10th April 2007, 01:00 AM
u can go to almost any autoshop and order them in

lachy2k3
10th April 2007, 06:23 AM
no problems i will do that first thing tomorow