View Full Version : Ae71 dash into ke70?

Ksevn-T
19th May 2008, 08:37 PM
hey all!

don't like my clock dash and would like to know how much rpm the motors doing. How would i go about puting the tacho dash from an AE71 into a Ke70? is there any modification required? or Is it plug and play?

Thanks,

Alex

slydar
19th May 2008, 09:03 PM
plugs in.

infact youll find the wire for the tacho pulse might be in the loom already.

if not you need to disassemble the cluster and trace which one is the tacho single.

or find out the colour toyota use for the tacho pulse, and make note of which pin it is when you pull the cluster out (or ask some one with an ae71).

ae71
19th May 2008, 10:20 PM
na its wired already, just pull the old one out, plug new one in... it was a factory option so they have the wiring previsions alrady to go.

I'm sure i answered this question like 2 days ago.... haha

rthy
19th May 2008, 10:28 PM
the wire is indeed already in the loom, get it and plug it in

Javal
19th May 2008, 11:10 PM
Righto - there's something i want to clear up here.

The plugs for the KE and AE dash are the same, however, are the signals from the oil pressure sender different? i.e. one resistance and one signal or something? (am i making sense?)

Same goes for the tacho, I've had trouble getting these to work before when using a KE70 tacho dash in a car equipped with a 4AGE, however a Ae71 tacho dash into a 4AGE equipped car has worked fine? halp?

pebbles
20th May 2008, 12:32 AM
also why doesnt my digital clock work in my tacho dash?

it worked when i first put it in?

and everynow and then i can kind of see it, but yeah most of the time it doesnt

Gavin
20th May 2008, 12:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grape_moosha @ May 19 2008, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=533650)</div>

and everynow and then i can kind of see it, but yeah most of the time it doesnt[/b]
i have the same problem i think it's just that they are getting old,

Ksevn-T
21st May 2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks all! Now i just have to source one for cheap! :2thumbs:

ae71
21st May 2008, 04:17 PM
my digital clock works fine?

sprinter and ae71 have different oil and water (i think) senders, incorrect ones may make it read wrong. same gose for 4ag.

swap to the ae71 senders and it should fix that problem?

i have a digital clock out of an t-18 cluster, anyone want it?

was going to try and convert a ke clock dash to cooler jdmish t-18 spec but CBF...

wide s13
23rd May 2008, 04:15 PM
my clock stoped working after a after market head unit went in.
i didnt loop something like earth? or dash light up? lol test light and fixed in 15mins lol

pebbles
24th May 2008, 05:13 PM
my headunit runs off the power for the cig lighter?

gumbie
24th May 2008, 07:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grape_moosha @ May 19 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=533650)</div>

and everynow and then i can kind of see it, but yeah most of the time it doesnt[/b]

could be the globe in the clock is stuffed. Pull it out and check