PDA

View Full Version : Earls oil cooler sandwich plate

Jonny Rochester
7th June 2008, 11:35 AM
I had a Earls brand sandwich plate on my block just as a test fit, and once I had 2 AN-10 fittings screwed into it there was only a few positions it would go in, and a feared one the oil hoses were screwed on they would not fit, or rub on the oil pressure switch. Anyone got a pic or a brand of sandwich plate that fits good, with oil filter in stock position?

I have the factory oil cooler thing I may use (low pressure, draining back to sump, fits well) but the only concern is that it would cause a pressure drop, and this will be a high reving motor.

kaibeecee
7th June 2008, 06:23 PM
perhaps try 90 degree bend fittings?

also, its a 16 valve I'm gathering? see if you can get a stock 20v sandwich plate, put the earls part on top of it. i've used one without troubles on a 20v.

Jonny Rochester
7th June 2008, 08:18 PM
Yes, I have the 20valve thing if I have to use it. I just thought it looked a bit pointless. I am still not sure what that 20valve extension was for, maybe to get to the oil filter easier?

biggo
8th June 2008, 12:00 AM
i had a look at my 20v setup

you are limited by the extractors, engine mounts and starter. i dunno, i use a chinese sandwitch plate, so its limited in everyway :lol: