PDA

View Full Version : Stupid BT

Gunner
7th August 2012, 04:52 PM
Having some trouble getting this black top running at 100%. At the moment, cold start enrichment is ridiculous, any more than 5% throttle and itll flood and die. Once its warm its ok, plenty of power, till 6700, where it will lay over, and rev cut at 7000.

Its had a full service, plugs gapped to 0.8, timing is at 10 before (pins bridged) no error codes (even after being run in troubleshoot mode) have changed vvt solenoid, vvt gear, 02, map sensor, checke for vacuum, comp tested (185-190) still need to swap the ecu out.

Even free revving wont go past 7000.

I am assuming it is the ecu, and will swap it over in the next few days, but has anyone seen anything similar to this. Guessing its something stupid.

Cheers,
Rhys

Rice86
7th August 2012, 11:33 PM
just putting this out there

i have herd 20v are setup to not rev until engine is warmed up from factory, though your one dies so not sure if this is the case

Matt
7th August 2012, 11:40 PM
For shits n giggles, disconnect the battery, let it run without touching the throttle until it has warmed up.... Then see if it makes a difference.

Gunner
8th August 2012, 05:58 AM
just putting this out there

i have herd 20v are setup to not rev until engine is warmed up from factory, though your one dies so not sure if this is the case

Nah this is far worse, from what my ae111 used to do when cold, until op temp, itll run fuck all timing and not trigger vvt.

Gunner
8th August 2012, 05:59 AM
For shits n giggles, disconnect the battery, let it run without touching the throttle until it has warmed up.... Then see if it makes a difference.

Lol for the 7th time?

blake.
8th August 2012, 07:26 AM
My solution would be to make the worlds first fwd ej20 ae92.

Gunner
8th August 2012, 07:29 AM
Sad thing is itd be easier than the other heap lol.

blake.
8th August 2012, 08:22 AM
C'mon man don't be like that

Sam-Q
8th August 2012, 09:49 AM
stock ecu? check the capacitors

_sawyer_
8th August 2012, 09:58 AM
I was under the impression that a BT wont go to the 8k redline until the speed sensor input has been connected.

Matt
8th August 2012, 10:32 AM
speed sensor is connected along with STA input...

Gunner
9th August 2012, 06:50 AM
What a head fuck, checked everything yesterday, did a few laps with a power probe on the speed sensor circuit, and while cruosong it has a signal, put the boot in it, and it doesnt. So i bypassed the harness, and ran a new wire from cluster to ecu, and managed to turn out 7600 before I ran out of road. So thats a good thing, but its still pretty flat up top, and coldd start enrichment is still ridiculous. But we will leave it there and ill get some kays under its belt and see what the ecu does with itself