PDA

View Full Version : toda 20V pistons

Faceplant456
14th August 2013, 11:38 PM
Anyone know if toda's black top 20V pistons can be used with a Silvertop 20V head, i know the combustion chamber is different in the ST head design to be more closed in compared to the open one of the BT, yes i also know that toda sell different sets for the ST and the BT, but has anyone tried a ST head with toda BT pistons.

Sam-Q
15th August 2013, 10:19 AM
you would have to check the clearance of the edges of the piston to the quench zone, however keeping in mind the compression ratio would be very high. If your planning on running E85 it might work well?

Matt
15th August 2013, 10:30 AM
Pending your usage, You'd be better off to buy a b/top head + quads.

FWIW: I've used a silvertop head with blacktop pistons, it is an interference motor but you knew that already right?

I'm not so sure about the Toda pistons

Faceplant456
16th August 2013, 12:45 AM
yea i know the BT is an interference motor , the main reason for the question is ive spotted some toda BT pistons for a good price, but i have a ST and i dont want to fork out the cash if they wont work without to much modifications. it looks like the difference just from going off the pic's on the toda website the ST has a cut away side so the dome area is like this shape / \ where the BT ones the dome area is straight up and down along the sides of the piston.
as you guys have said getting a BT head and throttles would be the best way to go but then that requires finding one.

Matt
16th August 2013, 11:42 AM
I know of a guy who has used 16v smallport pistons with a blacktop head.

pen15
20th August 2013, 09:00 PM
it will work fine if your stressed use a 1mm gasket