Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: not another RT142............

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeah i wanna lower it a bit first so it aint so 4x4 spec and besides its got good tires on the stockies that need abuse hahahahah
    Last edited by macca1590; 19th July 2010 at 10:14 PM.

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

nothing really to update except the clutch is starting to slip from only mild abuse, will a clutch kit for a 22r hilux fit or will i need a rt142 or ra65 kit? i assume same pressure plate but spline in clutch plate may be different for different gearbox input shafts if they are different?? also will hilux 2wd 22r extractors clear everything or again do i need rt142 or ra65?? anyone with some prior experience would be helpful

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

22r hilux one should fit if it has the w5x gearbox but you should be safe and get one specific.
    22r hilux extractors hit the firewall im pretty sure eh, i think konakid on here learned that one and was trying to sell hilux extractors awhile ago.
    standard clutch does die pretty easy eh, i killed my old one in a heartbeat. went to drop a skid and only smoke came from the box lol and i couldnt drive it.

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i wish i remembered this before i posted but a mate has a 22r lux with the gearbox out in his back yard, anyway after some measuring the input shaft is 29 ish mm and has 21 points on the spline, which is pretty much what i found on google, except 1 1/8 inch input shaft, 1 1/8" =28.57mm, but the data plate under the bonnet reckons it has a G52 box??? mmmm i think ill just to with a corona or celica combo unless anyone knows different

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeh they are different... who knows maybe the clutch still fits but i dont know.
    i can confirm after a bit of research that the 22r hilux does have a g series gearbox.

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

well, after much mucking around on the exedy site i found that rt142 has a 225mm plate 28.9mm spline and 21 tooth spline and there is 2 types of lux clutches 225mm x 29.8mm x 21 and then 236mm x 28.9 x 21 so that last one has the same spline but slightly larger plate, so weather it will bolt up to my flywheel or mabey you need a lux fly wheel but i think at this stage i will just get a rona one save the hastles

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

picked up ra65 struts with ventilated disks from wreckers today, mabey get me coil over converting on in the next coupla days and also sponsored buy my mates old lux a new a/c compressor, after a bit of dodgeyness and gehto retrofiting the once r12 corona is now 134a and nice a chilly

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

did coil over conversion on my ra65 struts, wheel bearings rooted and disks both pitted bad from sitting in wet dirt at wreckers, discoverd that the 'camber tops' that i bught actualy adjust caster.... then went and had a bit of fun before it gets too low...

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i like the new paint job - looks good on coronas

Name
    Ian
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

rotate them 120° and they'll adjust camber/castor simultaneously, instead of just castor (this can be a good thing)

if you want just plain old camber, sell them to someone with an MA61, xZ1x soarer or MX73.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast