Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Aido's KE70(s)

Name
    Aido
    State
    Western Australia
    Country
    Australia

Most people just came back from two weeks off, but not all of us... Some of us worked long hours and most of our 'holidays' on our projects in the shed... Unless you work retail, then you probably didn't get much time off

In other terms, here's what I have been up to over the last two weeks.

Made my exhaust manifold

Spent half a day lobstering a dump

Made a plenum

Mounted my cooler and made outlets

Made a top feed rail and throttle relocation

And I'm currently at this stage, just have to get a clutch and another tailshaft made up for the W58, wait for the right size staino for my gate pipe, will probably need to organize some really stiff engine mounts, and ordered my new Vi-Pec today.

More in the coming weeks... I aim to be going to Japan at the end of April, so this is basically where I'll be putting the brakes on this project until I'm back. Mainly so I have a little cash to spend in Japan, and also, organize my flights and buy a car haha, which I think is pretty important...
    20v 4AGE KE70, Daily
    20v 4AGE KE70 Soon to be 1UZ, Racecar
    20v 7AGTE, Project

Name
    Damo
    State
    Western Australia
    Country
    Australia

DAYYYMM... Aido has some welding skills! Looks killer mate - good progress
    Damo
    Perth, WA

'83 GA61 Toyota Supra XX [TRD83]
    '83 KE70 Toyota Corolla

'98 SVX21R Toyota Camry

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Looks incredible!

I hope you have had better circulation in your shed than mine, I nearly roasted to death 3 days ago

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Aido
    State
    Western Australia
    Country
    Australia

Got my harness all finished up and it's now a running engine, just need to wait for my clutch to be finished and then it's all ready for a tune. Will ring Toyota tomorrow and see if they have a vvt solenoid in stock as mine leaks like a mofo and would rather not get oil all over my fresh manifold

20v 4AGE KE70, Daily
    20v 7AGTE, Project

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Super keen to see this thing back on the road. Rad work dude, clean as!

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Your alloy fab work looks mint dude, good stuff

Name
    Aido
    State
    Western Australia
    Country
    Australia

Now it's basically coming down to all the small things that make the car 'your' car. Modified the shifter thismorning as the shifter position I have is fairly fowards, and would bash my knuckles on the dash with the factory one. Then machined up a new shift knob and got everything where it's comfortable. Also had to machine up my own carrier for the throwout bearing and mod the fork, which isn't that pretty but it works. Ended up staying with the stock 20v flywheel, a heavy duty pressure plate and a 4 paddle cerametallic disc from some Mazda. Never asked CBA what Mazda it's from but it could be helpful for everyone trying to hunt GZE flywheels for W Series conversions...

Will get some material to make solid engine mounts on Monday. In the meantime I'm going to pull the box back out and pull it apart (again) as there seems to be a noisy bearing around the input shaft area
    20v 4AGE KE70, Daily
    20v 7AGTE, Project

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Wuut, why solid mounts? I have only heard bad things and logically doesn't seem like a good idea either

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

setup looks nice mate should be a fun street car
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Name
    Aido
    State
    Western Australia
    Country
    Australia

The reason for solid mounts is because of the way I've made my intercooler outlets, that is, there is not enough flex allowance between them and the engine. And too much movement will result in snapping the outlets off the cooler.

That being said, I knew it was going to be rough, but daaaaamn it's rough haha! It's how your racecar should feel, not your daily! Will definitely be doing bolt checks every now and then...

Also I got really sick of the noisy ass Facet lift pump I've been using, and when it sat for too long it'd take 5 minutes to prime. So while I was redoing my fuel system with fresh hose for E85 (will be doing Teflon once I'm back from Japan) I decided to drop the tank out and have a geez. This is what I found:

So I did this :

Fit an old Walbro intank out of an evo that would lean out at 400hp, so I think it'll work just fine as a lift pump. I know it just floating around in there could cause problems when the level gets low, but if I had it secured to the return pipe, it wouldn't fit in the tank. So I compromised haha

Before you start hatin on me poking wires out of my tank, they're coming through a really tight grommet and I won't be filling it to the top
    20v 4AGE KE70, Daily
    20v 7AGTE, Project

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast