Thread: We've got a Bleeder! JDMGTVGZE

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default "We've got a Bleeder!" JDMGTVGZE

Figured I might as well start one of these...

After a quick inspection of my last 86 it was very obvious that all of my running gear was unscathed so I began looking for a shell to swap into. Although I had previously promised myself that the next 86 I bought would be JDM I had also thought I would sell my old one to buy the JDM one with the cash, so that idea seemed binned. I had a couple leads on ADM cars with rego, very nearly bought one, then it was sold as I was on the way with cash in my pocket I found this car out of rego and defected in SA. As I was always going to be registering it in a different state I was always going to have to go over pits (which were required to clear the defect) so no big deal for me. I couldn't get there to inspect it myself but a mate who lives in the area and tinkers with his GTR went and looked for me (didn't pick up on a couple of 86 specific things but I was mainly interested in overall condition)

So in the end I had indeed bought a JDM Levin GTV as my next 86

I'm now in the process of swapping over most of my old gear into this car, a few things will stay, like the disk to disk LSD rear end and the AJPS harness bar, but the suspension, engine etc is all getting transplanted.

I do have some time up my selves this time though so I am not going to be cutting too many corners, and it all has to be above board anyway because it will need to pass engineers and rego...

So, what’s this first part of any 86 build? Pulling lots of stuff off! Here is was the car looks like at the moment:

In the end what I hope to achieve is a street legal, 2 seater, daily that I can enter in drift comps with, with few changes...(will be driving it to/from events from the ACT) I want to get to lots of rounds of superdrift this year (not expecting to go well, never even been on any of the tracks involved) but they are good fun anyway and it should be a good way to go around part of the country and meet you lot . Seriously looking forward to being behind the wheel of a hachi again and getting out to a bunch of tracks and getting better at driftering!

So final specs SHOULD be something like this:
    AE92 GZE (standard computer)
    eBay spec monster radiator
    JDM T50
    JDM T series
    thinking 15" superlites or sportmax rims for street (keeping challengers for track as they offset fail for street )
    coilovers in the front
    PS arms
    TRD blues + aftermarket springs in the back
    1/2 cage
    UltraRacing front 1/4 braces
    Harness bar (probly just run belts for street though)
    thinking about getting some swaybars
    ALL new bushes
    possibly new engine/gearbox mount rubbers
    AJPS panard bar
    extractors and over diff exhaust (gotta be quiet for massive highway k's)

and (don't hate me too much) A/C (it IS going to be a daily)

Finally, I can't promise that I’m not a dick sometimes, but I reckon I’m not most of the time, and I reckon a lot of people probly look at my forum nick and just think "Jerk", but as it says in my sig I really have converted to loving the old school Toyota family and I have always owned at least 1 86 since late 2005, so it should probably say 86 driver or something like that by now... /rant (just had to get that out of the way)

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default Oh yeah,

Bought these puppies from Craig @ JustJDM imports (mine had been taken off before I got the car) and I have to say there is no other way to describe their condition except Fucking immaculate!

I think they are gunna look sexy when the car is finished!

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Michael
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

they are pritty mint! make sure their connected correctly ay lol i had a clear one on the drivers side if my silvia that i got for free and it wasn't put on right - big corner at QR and SNAP!!!

Name
    Filip
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

minihorses old swine.
    love the stance, very nice man.
    more pics on the GZE conversion!
    you gonna keep the SC? or go turbo?
    love it

Name
    Michael
    State
    Jyväskylä
    Country
    Finland

Ive had much fun terrorising the streets of adelaide in this car. Do it proud dont turn it into a boonger skid missle sound like you have the right idea tho

"the magic formula for gravel rallying: 1000kg, 300hp and 4 cylinders."

Name
    Blair
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

how is 15 x 8 -9 fail offset for the streets??

looks good tho man.

and plans sound good!

Name
    Andy
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

very very nice! in love with those window trims SO MINT!
    Quote Originally Posted by KE slider View Post
    yes i did fail she was 14 what u expect(shakes head)
    Quote Originally Posted by todd View Post
    why are u messaging a 14yo asking if u can 'tap that'?
    Quote Originally Posted by calknowles View Post
    cause hes like chaos in the size department.

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I think by fail offset is that it wont pass engineering. i think the offset would be closer to +10/15 for it to be legal.

I'll have to come see this when it's all done, hopefully not long away. Give me your new address so I can post off that bracket for you
    1983 AE86 ADM rust spec goodness track car build - end of the road
    1984 AE86 Silver ADM mk2 daily build - SOLD
    1984 AE86 ADM granny car daily now 4AGZE - SOLD
    1983 AE86 ADM Engine Conversion Slut - SOLD
    2002 IS200 6spd - new daily in progress
    1986 AE86 JDM GT-Apex Levin Notchback ready to roll......

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default Conversion progress

Hey guys,

I'd love to show more conversion progress, but unfortunately the engine crane I am borrowing had to go back to its owner for a few days which leaves the 4age in its place for at least another week or so... (more on why it was taken back later)

So I can't really show you much on conversion progress... I have just been doing other shite that will need doing at one stage or another, today I pulled the extractors off the ge and test fitted them on the gze, and fiddled with some odds and ends including starting to clean off the inside of the car (Soooooo much dirt, lol, think I will need to wash it with a sponge and water etc) Anyway, all you guys really want is pictures so ill shut up for the moment:

Engine bay as it sits now:

Pics from test fit:

I'm not entirely happy with how close the oil filter sits to the exhaust so I think I will scrap running a sandwedge plate and go for a filter relocation kit at some stage...

Other than that I priced some parts tonight get paid on thursday so should have enough dosh to start ordering some gear

As for offset fail for street Tom is right, its purely an engineering issue, need +12 to be legal so -8 is out... No biggy I figgure it was defected for track too, so if thats in a computer somewhere the pits will no doubt check it.

For those of you who read zoom magizine, or used to at least, the guy who took back the crane is my mate Anthony, he is the current owner of Zoom's old project Cyborg, he has just taken delivery of a new motor for it which is going to be crazy! its a properly built vr4 motor upped to 2.4L with a bunch of headwork etc, as far as I remember the car ran 12 seconds when zoom owned it, he put in a better computer etc which made more power with less boost (it was fast then!), so once this engine is installed it should be an absolute monster! Which is good, because Ant is going to have to tear over here and give me a hand with my car

Cheers guys

-Robbo

Current Cars:

Name
    Luke
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

motor is so clean, if only mine looked that nice.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast