Page 103 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1189

Thread: Car Updates

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

while i dont agree with lazy on the "ruined" part your wrong about the cowling removing hot air. they are designed to draw high pressure air from the windscreen junction INTO the engine. heat release from an engine bay only occours when there is a pressure difference. because the pressure at the base of the windscreen is soo high, it stops air from exiting, and in cases like the reverse scoop, is designed to utilise the high pressure to force air into the carb.

heat extraction needs to happen at the front 1/3 of the bonnet to be successful without major work to address the pressure differences.
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

i was about to say this ^^

as far as a a9x scoop looking good/bad, each to there own i guess but remember that its not a torana yet your putting a holden/chev v8 and bonnest scoop on it? maybe you started with the wrong car (not shit stirring)? i dont mind a nice LX tori myself and they have been made into descent track cars as well.

also, are you building this for a specific class? what are you going to run it in?

Name
    Gareth
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

it will be raced in a open class, i dont think it will be competitive but a lot of fun, as for heat extraction it will work, dont forget that the pressure of air passing the windscreen opening of the cowl will draw hot air from the engine bay, this is not a street car, doing over 200 clicks down a straight causes huge amounts fo air to pass over the bonnet, and in turn will to a good job of removing heat from the engine bay

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

yeah but the whole idea of the scoop originally was for it to be just that, a scoop to draw air in (without drawing water when it rained)

maybe if you have it mounted further forward then it may do a better job of extracting air. spacing the bonnet up may also give the clearance needed. but i get the feeling you just want to run that scoop.

Name
    Nichy
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

spoke to daim today and decided to go with the st185 shocks. purchased today.

now i have looked for a good guide on how to do these kits ( hsd sleeve kit) but cant really find any. i can find some info but all in bits.

any help would be good

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

depends if you want the car low or high as to how u do it.

Name
    Nichy
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

UMMMMM..... LOW ..... CAR IS 95MM OFF RAILS OR SO ATM IF THAT.... SO WOULD LIKE TO KEEP AROUND THAT HEIGHT...

I GUESS IT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU WELD THE SPINE YEAH ?

ANY ONE GOT PICS OF THESE THEY HAVE DONE ?

CHEERS

caps sorry

Name
    Gareth
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

you're right i really do want to run the cowl, i think not only for the function of clearance it will really compliment the guard flares i want to run and the bodykit, sorry mate i just got a bit pissed when people tell me im ruining the car, i mean its not like im running neons or some gay shit like that

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

sorry if it came accros as telling you you shouldnt do it. i ran a bulge from a xr8 on mine for clearance. not to many peoples taste

i just wanted to point out that you wont extract air from the engine bay like that. ESPECIACIALLY at 200kph. The higher the speed, the more heat will get trapped in your engine bay. you will pressurise the bay and your radiator will struggle to work. The only air going through the radiator will be the air drawn in from the fan.

again, not trying to be a hater, and recon it could look the tits, BUT it will do nothing for heat extraction. It WILL make your cooling system more stressed.
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

rightio...

for anyone that hasnt been following my thread in the members ride section....the ke70 is nearing a make over and quite a large one at that...

3tc/32/36 weber/extractors/electronic recurved distributor/street fire cdi ignition/magnecor ignition leads
    hey man steering knuckles/20mm extended lcas/ae86 steering rack/modified rack ends/ajps twin adjust tie rods/new rack,castor,lca and swaybar bushes/whiteline heavy duty swaybar
    qfm hpx pads/t18 slotted rotors
    is200 j160 6 speed gearbox/hd clutch/one piece tailshaft
    t18 series 2 t series/corona slotted rotors/corona calipers/qfm hpx pads/weir spence 4.3/weir spence full spool/whiteline heavy duty swaybar/ajps traction brackets/new 4 link bushes

should cover everything...alot of gear ive collected for the ae86 that is no longer being used due to a change in direction...

should make for a quiet zippy fun car...

Page 103 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast