Thread: GReddy Type-S coilovers - Remote control question

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Default GReddy Type-S coilovers - Remote control question

Just wondering if anyone is using the electronic incar adjustment control unit with the Greddy coilovers in their 86.

I have just bought the awesome Greddy kit with the electronic incar adjustment kit, I havent put them in yet, but looking at it, and pics of it, it doesn't look like I will be able to close the bonnet without hitting/crushing the control unit on the top of the strut......

Obviously i will be able to see when i put them in, but if someone has tried this already, give me a heads up if i will be able to use control kit or not......

Name
    Phirom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I'm pretty sure that you use that purple spacer, and the extended strut top bolts on the front of the coilovers to prevent the adjusting unit hitting the bonnet.

Basically it just spaces the strut lower.

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, I worked it out just after posting this thread, thanks for the reply anyway....

Cant wait to get these puppies in. Should be next week....

Name
    Maciek
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

hey, tell us how u go!
    and what made you choose to go the greddys over the other brands, i ask because i need to buy new set of coilovers and am wondering which one to get.
    cheers

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

After reading thru alot of reviews, forums etc, I found something in common in all of them. That was, that the Greddys are pretty much the best items you can get for an AE86. The only negative thing i read, was about the prices...... They are supposed to be very high quality, good design, long lasting..... Basically, if you can afford them, buy them......
    I was thinking about some of the 'modified strut' ones (eg AJPS), but most of the time, you only get fronts only. I wanted a complete balanced package for all four corners of the car.... (Dont get me wrong, iam not saying anything bad about the AJPS ones). And to buy the AJPS fronts, looking around $1400, In my opinion, your better off paying the $700 more for the GReddy set and you get high quality engineering at all for corners...... I also looked into the HSD's, K-Sport and the BC's, and found many people that are not happy with them and have common engineering faults.......

If you do want to get the GReddy set, after alot of searching through peoples prices, the cheapest you can get them by far, are from:

Jesse Streeter - Will send them from Japan - Rough TOTAL in AUD: $2,042 *depending on exchange rate. DELIVERED contact:
    or
    Just JDM Imports (Craig) - off this forum (Support local business)

If you got the time, do some searches on the net for peoples comments....... I am putting mine next weekend when i a few hours spare, i will let you know what I think once they are in.....

JoJo

Name
    Maciek
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

cheers man, yeah iev been looking at all the brands myself, mainly the greddys, bcs and one other i think, i was leaning towards the greddys but then a mate told me he got some bcs and was happy with them (and a shit load cheaper), but that was on a s13, no comparison i know but he said they were good, better then his teins infact?!? so i thought they must be ok.
    i might do as you said and check out some reviews.

Name
    Maciek
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

did u buy the remote control unit from jesse too?
    if so what was the whole package wrth coilovers and control unit?
    cheers

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

I actually got my kit with the remote controller from someone in Australia who had already bought the kit and never used it. It was a one off. But i was so vlose to buying off Jesse before i found mine. The price I had from jesse was for the main kit only, and not including the incar controller. I think it is an extra $350 for the controller kit though....

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

$2050 isn't really that much more than the BC's......

Name
    Mark
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I just ordered my Greddys from the States, they are on back order & are a 2 month wait. However at the price I payed: $1,865 delivered... I am not complaining. This price is without the electronic unit, I didn't get it because I don't think ill adjust them much and its easy enough to do by hand.. Let us know how they ride. I'm eagerly awaiting my set!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast