Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Arrow Tom's 4agte (in progress) updated

COPY AND PASTE FROM OLD FORUM

Had my Sprinter for a good few months now so it's about time I put some pictures up of it.

Been looking for an 86 in perth for a while now and as most know they are hard to come by. I missed out on some decent deals, although things happen for a reason right? I had almost given up when in January a mate notified me of one selling in the paper, listed as a corolla (lucky). I rang up, the guy still had it and I zipped down as fast as I could (long trip from NOR to SOR). When I got there, I found a pretty average condition 86 with the usual rust, nothing too serious but would require some tlc. Ended up getting it for 1300 so I can't complain

Here are some pics of what it looked like when I first got it home:

So the project began

Started with fixing some rust (not all rust is shown, there is plenty more where that came from)

The rust was ground out, treated and then using a fibre filler to fill in the gaps. I plan to get it welded up before I respray the entire car soon.

Then I ran out of time and did not do much for a while. The car has done almost 350,000km so naturally the 4ac was pretty tired

The rings were pretty worn, and it blew a decent amount of smoke under load. We had a cruise in which the rings were killed completely (dam hills hahaha).

Was able to source a cheap ae82 4age for $250 with ecu and loom which spelt conversion time!!!

4ac ftl!

Dirty 4ac grease, yuck

ZING!!!

OH NOES, the mighty 4ac has my t50!!!

ZING No.2

After a few weeks of headaches, it was finally back on the road again. Felt nice to have some extra ooomph aswell as no smoke

I then got some gold 14x7" unknown meshies with decent offset (no offset printed on rim, but the look between +20 to +10)

This is how it stands today

Plan to get some suspension in it soon, fix more rust when weather/time permit and get it completely resprayed (not sure what colour yet, definately not white)....
    Last edited by Nikkojoe; 20th December 2009 at 12:34 AM.
    1983 AE86 ADM rust spec goodness track car build - end of the road
    1984 AE86 Silver ADM mk2 daily build - SOLD
    1984 AE86 ADM granny car daily now 4AGZE - SOLD
    1983 AE86 ADM Engine Conversion Slut - SOLD
    2002 IS200 6spd - new daily in progress
    1986 AE86 JDM GT-Apex Levin Notchback ready to roll......