Thread: What drift events happens in NSW these days?

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default What drift events happens in NSW these days?

Hi all

So 2012 is around the corner and wanting to start drifting on tracks in the new year
    Whats the "drift events/skid pans" these days to attend to?

i know of twilight at Eastern Creek, expensive in my eyes and i herd over crowded.. so not that keen to pay a rough $300 for minimum drift time..

Is $250-$300 now the normal price for a Drift practice day?

any UPDATED info about any drift practice events around Sydney, please post here
    dose

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

first one i know of is the d-day (initial drift)
    Full day at wakefield, 8th Jan 2011

Name
    Brendon
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Driving sports at ec are fine they are only $110 for the 8 or wet pan or $180 for the big track after you become a member and get a cams licence(things you will need to do anyway)
    just stay away from the wet pan its the only one that gets really busy...

Name
    Stephen
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

drivingsports 2moz will be shit, soo many people and soo much cash for the track time you'll get.

Your best bet is Initial drifts wakefield day on the 8th like maxhag said, Low numbers will be going coz of the distance and most people will be going driving sports coz its close. Tyler, drew and i are trying to make wakefield so that will be 2 sprinters and 1 corolla to drive with.

Plus best part about it is its only $170 for something like 8 hours driving time.

Name
    Stephen
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

D-Day Wakefield Park 8th January 2012

This day will be a full drift day.
    •YOUR CAR WILL NEED TO PASS SCRUTINEERING - Working seatbelts or valid harnesses, properly installed seats, working brakes and brakelights, working windscreen wipers if it rains, all wheelnuts present and no leaks are the basics. Convertibles will not be allowed unless they have a rollcage that extends above the driver's head. Any questions, please ask or read the FAQ below.

•YOU WILL NEED AN AS1698 (that little red and silver sticker) APPROVED HELMET, LONG SLEEVES, PANTS AND CLOSED SHOES
    PRICES:
    Initial Drift Club Member: $150
    Non-member: $170

Yearly Initial Drift Membership: $170 for the first year. Includes t-shirt, stickers, membership card and discounts on track day prices and free gate entry to most events. Available on the day. Get this if you intend to do a lot of track days. Renewal is $120 per year.

Yearly Associate Membership: $50 per year. Gives you membership in a CAMS affiliated club and the ability to hold a CAMS L2NS license, which is required for most of our events. No other benefits. Available on the day. Get this if you only intend to do a few days. You can upgrade at any time to a full membership

CAMS L2NS license: $52 Available on the day. Payable on the day.

NOTE: The CAMS license is a once-yearly payment (excluding daily license). After applying for one, you will eventually receive a license in the mail that can be used at all of our events for one year. If you signed up for one last time and have not yet received it, please bring the tear-off bit you received.

Spectators: $FREE

Here's how to work out how much it costs for you:
    If you're an Initial Drift member with a CAMS licence, it's $150
    If you're not an Initial Drift member, but have a CAMS licence, it's $170
    If you're an Initial Drift Associate Member with a CAMS licence, it's $170
    If you want to join with a yearly Associate Membership it's $170 + $50 +$52 = $272
    If you want to join with a yearly Full Membership, it's $150 + $170 +$52 = $372
    Wakefield Park License is available for purchase for $50, pay on the day and is valid for 12 months.

HOW TO ENTER:
    Read and agree to this:
    1. EVENT DESCRIPTION: This event will be single car drift practice, the action of driving a vehicle in a series of controlled slidesthroughout a pre-determined course, maintaining a standard of control. All activity will take place on thedesignated track section behind appropriate safety barriers. This event includes but is not limited to thefollowing guidelines:
    2. DRIVER BRIEFING: All drivers, without exception, will be required to attend the compulsory driver/participant's briefing priorto being allowed on the course. All drivers must hold a valid CAMS L2NS licence or superior. If they donot, they can apply for one.
    3. ALCOHOL: The consumption of alcohol by drivers is strictly prohibited. All drivers must maintain a blood alcohol level(BAC) of 0.0 throughout the event. Consumption of alcohol in the pit, paddock or other non-public area isprohibited until the conclusion of the Meeting.
    4. CARS AND ENTRANTS MUST COMPLY WITH BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING SCRUTINEERING GUIDELINES:
    • All wheel studs must have nuts and be tightened prior to entry to the track.
    • The vehicle battery must be secured.
    • No loose items are to be in the cabin (mobile phones, hand-held cameras, road maps etc.).
    • Absolutely no fluid leaks.
    • Brake lights must work, and brakes must be functional.
    • Exhaust must exit outside the perimeter of the vehicle.
    • Safety harnesses or seatbelts must be complete units sourced from a recognised manufacturer andmust be fitted and worn within the manufacturer's instructions or limitations and must meet theacceptable standards FIA 8853/98. FIA 8853 – 1985, SFI 16.1, FIA 8854 – 1991, AS 2596, ECE R16 & ASE35.
    • Have on their coachwork a blue triangle of 150 mm sides indicating the location of the battery orbattery isolation switch if fitted.
    • Driver's seat must be securely mounted to the cabin floor.
    • A helmet which complies with AS 1698 and carries markings to that effect, or otherwise be a standardlisted in Schedule D of the current CAMS manual.
    Non flammable clothing must be worn, including cover from ankles to wrists to throat. No person will bepermitted to participate wearing apparel of nylon or similar material. Whilst not compulsory, an approveddriving suit is highly recommended.
    Suitable footwear must be worn. Prohibited are (for example) thongs, Roman sandals, high-heeledshoes, nylon joggers and bare feet.
    In open cars, goggles or visors with a material other than glass must be used (to AS 1609-1981).
    DISCLAIMER:5. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKRIVERS
    •This event is held under CAMS and follows all relevant guidelines in relation to Drifting events. If applying for a CAMS licence on the day of the event, please be sure to read Section 3 of the Application before signing it for the conditions of the licence and cover.
    •Initial Drift Australia Inc reserves the right to, at any stage, refuse entry or participation in the said event and evictentrants and spectators from the venue without question or reason.

If you agree to the above, jump on our Facebook page and let us know which grouping you would like to drive in (info on grouping below). If you don't have Facebook then PM me here and I'll take care of the rest.

How to Pre Book

Deposit your money into the bank account (by direct deposit either on the internet or at your bank), and make sure you put the remitter name as your real name, and put SKIDS or something similar as the description. This will secure your spot. All you have to do then is turn up.
    PRE-ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER FRIDAY THE 6TH EVENING, AS THE PAYMENT SOMETIMES NEEDS 24 HOURS TO CLEAR BEFORE YOU SECURE A PLACE.

Bank Account Details:
    National Australia Bank
    Account Name: Initial Drift Australia Inc.
    BSB Number: 082-171
    Account Number: 5-6664-6062

For those of you who would like to pay on the day, pricing will be $170.

D-Day Groupings

Drift
    I have seen all the DVD's, I know what I am doing! (Beginner)
    I grab seconds while doing round-a-bouts. (Intermediate)
    I stunt double for Tsuchiya. (Advanced)

Passengers
    ***CARS MUST HAVE A MINIMUM HALF CAGE TO BE ELIGIBLE TO CARRY PASSENGERS*** No Beginner groups are allowed to take passengers. Your driving will be assessed on the day so if you group yourself incorrectly just to take a passenger, be prepared for disappointment.

To get a seat in one of the cars the cost is $30 and will get you access to unlimited rides throughout the day. It is recommended to seek a drivers permission to secure a seat before you pay for a passenger run, for drivers, it is the perfect opportunity to scare your mates.

Gates open at 8am

Track Action from 9:30am till 4:30pm.

Cheers,
    The IDA Team

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Awesome, might try go out for Wakefield since I've driven on that track a few times now and would be more beneficial then a figure 8 anyways.

Don't mean to be spoon fed but do you know how many car spots Initial drift Are taking for that day? If it's like drift matsuri then that's also going to be shit as it was way over packed.
    dose

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I'll have some "private" days running aswell. don't worry you will hear about it.
    Will be drift and will be stuff all places and huge track time.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Will be keen to see these events get up off the ground...