Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Cressida MX83 / JZS171 VVTI (jzx110)

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Some other stuff prob worth mentioning that will help out others is the mount I used for the gearbox is the jzs171 with the xmember spaced about 10mm.

The holes on the mx83 member had to be widened.

The accelerator cable is also the jzs171 item. Power steer high pressure line is a custom pirtek job.

Temp sensor to the dash is installed in the top radiator hose and a new wire ran as the ecu multiplexes it to the dash cluster.

Not many of these getting around yet , but I'm sure as time goes by they'll be pretty common
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Many kms on this motor?

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

The standard brakes on these are pretty shit, apparently R33 4-piston calipers and territory rotors is a bolt on job I'm told?

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

45,000 on the motor. Good to know about the brake up grades, will be searching for some r33 pistons. The brakes are pretty ordinary to be honest, I have a 1 way valve in the vac line from the booster.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Seth
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

r33 calipers and ba-bf falcon rotors, territory ones are too big.

re-pack the lsd like a ma70 supra type (rearrange the friction discs) and it will work alot better

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I love how raspy the 1j sounds when having its neck wrung. Turbo spool is loud and I'm sure it'll perform well whilst towing.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Looks pretty good without the front bar on....

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Drove it to melb and it ran well, lil thirsty on the fuel but that could have been the ssvz commodore and xr6 turbo I may have gee'd up a little on the drive.

went thru a tank and a half. Was comfortable driving it and sat on 110 effortlessly

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Finally got around to wiring the fuel pump properly for this car as I had been running it on constant battery power.

There is so much "bs" information out there regarding the fuel pump control relay on 1jz engines.

Short story is "YOU DO NOT NEED A 1JZ Resistor box" to run the fuel pump. The whole reason Mr Toyota installed it, was to reduce the noise coming from the fuel pump plus "preserve" the life of the pump.

So to connect it up, grab the wire from the FC pin on the ecu and take it to the "earth" wire on the open circuit relay (just like all other toyota engines 4age etc).

Pictures are much easier to follow..

Wiring Diagram...

As in the diagram, there is 2 relays. The first relay is the traditional switch to ground at the ecu when the fuel pump is to run, and the second is the fuel pump relay. The mx83 didn't have the second "fuel pump relay" and you don't need to build this resistor box to slow down the pump as you have a fuel pressure reg in the fuel rail anyway.

Single Wire you need to connect - FC Pin on ecu to pin 11 on the body harness plug

I found it neater to remove the fuel pump pin from the male connector that remains in the car when u take the engine loom out, and extend it directly to the ECU. This being because the signal came from the air flow meter in the 7m loom, where as now it is at the ecu.

NB: There is also a resistor in the engine bay that the fuel pump wiring goes through, if you remove the resistor you will have to short / join these 2 wires at the plug. I'll get a pic shortly.

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

good info right here!
    cressy looks tuff in that pic, should get yourself some coilovers and some cheapo rota's and deck it!
    going to bring this to the cruze at the EOM?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast