Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Ugly Duckling. SR86. 'Haters gunna hate, Tyres gunna bake'

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Still no video Robbo?

What is the delay here?

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Nuff said

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Site Supporter
    Name
    Tony
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Definitely winner of Australia's ugliest AE86 Owner award.

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, Robbo is a fuggin ugly bastard....

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

For those who dont know Robbo, this is a recent shot of him

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

LMAO, JoJo, if you weren't so damn useful I might not invite you around anymore,

lol

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

OK, figured I probably owe some people an update...

I have had a little time off work, and whilst I have had other things that needed doing (preparing to move across to the West-side again), I have made some more progress on this car.

I will keep it short as I want to head to bed:

Basically the car needs certain things to work in order for any removal company to agree to move it:
    -Seat
    -Steering
    -Foot brakes
    -Hand brake
    -150mm ground clearance

So, now that the engine and gearbox shouldn't have to come out again, I have been doing most of the recent work on fitting all of that other stuff into the engine bay.

The other issue I have is that car parts that are in boxes aren't insured at all, so the more stuff I can fit to the car the better... Some of these things are also bulky so thing like my roll cage went in too:

I am happy to say that despite the tunnel mods I was still able to connect the heater system so that I can have defog... I know, track car etc etc, but I have tried to drive without it on a cold rainy day and it was balls... so I am happy to have it.

In other positive news more progress is being made on the 'Black swan' front:

Only had an hour to play with in the garage today, so I gave it a start:

Before:

After:

You really can't tell its wrap until you get up pretty close...

I am considering buying a digital plotter, if that happens I may end up making a proper (race-car-esque) design to go over the black... Unless I change my mind when I get to Perth and go after rego in the end afterall...

Focus points for the next couple of days are finishing the brake system and then installing the new fuel system.

Current Cars:

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

The wrap looks alright.......

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Nice.....

.... Although I can see the line where the vinyl finishes
    1983 AE86 ADM rust spec goodness track car build - end of the road
    1984 AE86 Silver ADM mk2 daily build - SOLD
    1984 AE86 ADM granny car daily now 4AGZE - SOLD
    1983 AE86 ADM Engine Conversion Slut - SOLD
    2002 IS200 6spd - new daily in progress
    1986 AE86 JDM GT-Apex Levin Notchback ready to roll......

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Did someone order one black Levin?

Vinyl isn't finished on the other side yet, but after seeing what it is going to look like I am pretty happy. I also need to do the sideskirts and rear bar...

Yeah, I have to say after watching some tutorials online, I don't think any professionals would be caught dead using the vinyl I ordered. I mean its not completely terrible and looks OK, but the other stuff seems to be a lot easier to work with and that helps you end up with a better finish.

And on top of that any professional would have done the entire panel rather than stopping ant the end of the red.

Oh wells... because racecar

Current Cars:

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast